Sliding Sash timber windows
The sliding sash window has been in use since the 17th century. Having two glazed sashes which move vertically within an outer frame, and a counterbalance mechanism holds the sashes in an open or closed position.
Our High Performance Sliding Sash timber windows are a popular choice with discerning homeowners throughout the UK. Those who require energy efficient replacement windows that retain the original character of the period property, or those wanting a traditional aesthetic to an extension or new build project.
Parkwood Sliding Sash windows fitted in your home, will increase its value and make it more energy efficient. Making your home not only more beautiful, but also an investment in the future.
Shown here is our typical Georgian ‘6 over 6’ high performance sliding sash window
The Solar Controlled, double glazed sashes operate smoothly on double-spiral sash balancers. Weather seals and gaskets are discreetly grooved into the timber sections for a superior weatherproof seal.
This range of windows typically feature the following:
- Traditional manufacture techniques
- Ovalo moulded sash profile
- Staff bead moulded outer frame
- Slender Georgian bar detail (bonded)
- Authentic lambs tongue mouldings
- Puttyline external glazing detail
- Decrotive sash horns
- fitch catches and lift handles
- Siberian larch or Accoya® modified timber
- Factory applied Sikkens performance coatings
- Spiral balances as standard
- Discrete weather proofing seals and gaskets
- Factory glazed
- 20mm and 24mm St Gobain Planitherm, A-rated glazing
- an impressive 1.2 W/m2K U-Value
- compliant with Part L of the building regulations